La Shamiana Dharamshala
Inn for Spiritual Travelers
“La Shamiana Dharamshala – Inn for Spiritual Travelers” is the residential quarters in Anand Ashram Ubud with Facilities for Meditation, Yoga, Spiritual Studies etc. Our endeavor is to offer service to Spiritual Travelers and Genuine Seekers. As such, Ashram may not be a suitable place for those looking for accommodation alone.
Rooms and Minimum Donation
Experience simple ashram living with comfortable private room (Hot Shower, Fan) and eco-friendly facilities. For details about rooms, visit the Rooms page.
To help cover the cost of maintaining this beautiful Ashram, we entirely depend upon your generous support and offering. It is in this context that we are often asked to indicate an amount that one can use as a guide.
The donation to help cover the cost of lodging and daily upkeep is estimated at USD 28 – 30 per night for one person, including breakfast, lunch, meditation, yoga and other ashram regular activities. The donations must be paid in advance for the entire stay.
This donation includes the following:
- Ashram daily activities (chanting, agnihotra, yoga, meditation, evening programs). Check the daily schedule.
- A Private Room with fan and hot shower and toilet attached.
- Vegetarian Breakfast and Lunch.
- Weekly change of linen, blanket and towel. Personal amenities (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc) are not provided.
- Free Drinking Water and Hot Water for consumption while in the Ashram.
- Free Wifi. Please be considerate of other users and avoid heavy usage of You Tube, Skype, etc which can slow down the connection.
- Use of the following facilities:
- Meditation Hall/Yoga Space for the Regular Ashram Programs
- Mother Goddess Chapel during Regular Chanting Hours
- Crystal-Energized Healing Pool (Please check the timings for the use of all above facilities)
Kitchen / cooking facilities are not available.
Located 3 kilometers from Ubud Center, it’s 45 minutes walking or 5 minutes by scooter/taxi. Scooter or taxi is needed to go around Ubud. Scooter rental can be found easily in the center. Check our location.
Breakfast and lunch are included. Vegetarian oriental breakfast, and sometimes continental breakfast, breads with jam, and diary product such as milk, butter, and cheese are served complimentary.
When serving eggs, they are always separate, so those who do not consume eggs may avoid them.
We believe in the Yogic Principle of Moderation in all, including in the diet.
We regret that at present we are not able to cater for special dietary needs.
Check In and Check Out
- Check In after 1 PM. From your arrival time at the airport you must add 2.5 hour for baggage handling, immigration clearance and transportation time.
- Please prepare your passport and room donation at check in.
- Latest Check Out at 11 AM.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Payment is in advance and non-refundable. Extended stay is possible upon availability.
Other Things to Note
- The minimum age is 12 years old.
- All guests are requested to take care of their own insurance. We do not provide any kind of insurance to cover anything during their stay with us.
- We regret that at present we do not have special facilities for the disable or sick persons. We, therefore, expect all visitors to be in fit condition, physically, as well as mentally/emotionally.
For further information please contact us.