Let these not be mistaken as rigid rules and regulations; these codes of conduct are necessary ‘self-discipline tools’ to help all genuine spiritual seekers in their soul search, soul quest, in their journey within to discover the Ultimate. - Anand Krishna
As any other Ashram or Spiritual Commune, this Ashram too, is open for all those Pilgrims or Spiritual Travelers who intend to devote themselves to Inner Journey - Spiritual Sadhana or Practices, Meditation, Yoga, Seva or Service Activities, and Satsang or Being in the Company of Truth Seekers. This, certainly, is not a place for picnic, recreation, business, etc.
- The pilgrims staying in this ashram are required to observe and adhere to truth, non-violence, self-discipline, and polite etiquette.
- All pilgrims are requested to join in all the daily activities in the Ashram such as the Morning Meditation/Chanting to Awaken the Sun of Consciousness within; Agni Hotra, the Morning Fire Purification Ceremony; Yoga; Noon Meditation; Sunset Meditation; and. the Evening Satsang/Lectures/Kirtan, etc. Out of which, the Morning and Evening Sessions are Very Important. Otherwise there is no point in staying in the Ashram.
- Along with meditation, seva or service is an important and integral part of spiritual sadhana. Beside keeping their own rooms tidy and washing their own dishes, all seekers staying in the ashram who are fit and able are expected to contribute a minimum of 2 hours daily to selfless service such as gardening, computer work, editing and/or translating spiritual literature, etc, as may be assigned to them. Unnecessary chatting /gossiping with others should be avoided.
- The Ashram should not be looked upon as a hotel or guest-house. While staying in the Ashram, visitors are requested to refrain from visiting places, which may distract them from their initial intention. Those who wish to visit such places should do so before arriving in the Ashram, or after departing.
- Gate closes at 9:00 pm. Silence is appreciated at the Ashram from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. As such, pilgrims staying in the ashram are kindly requested to be back to their room by 10:00 pm and refrain from outing, such as taking sunrise tour, etc.
- All pilgrims (both men and women) are required to dress modestly and soberly, in a way that shows respect for the tradition of Ashram life. We request that no shorts, sleeveless shirts/low cut shirts, tight jeans, or other revealing clothing are worn.
- A pilgrim is allowed to stay in the Ashram for up to 7 days. This period can be extended upon request.
- In the event that the administration asks the pilgrim to leave (even prior to the conclusion of the first 7 days), the pilgrim must vacate the premises immediately.
- No strangers or persons who are not mentioned on the admission form are allowed to be invited, entertained, or stay in the allocated room.
- If a pilgrim has to leave for two or three days but would like to keep the same room again, he or she will have to inform the manager and will have to leave the keys to the room with the Ashram caretaker. If he or she has to leave for more than three days, he or she will have to vacate the room. Locking the room without providing information to the management is prohibited. If necessary, the management will open the room by breaking the lock.
- It is the pilgrim's responsibility to keep his/her room clean and tidy. Rooms should always remain in the same condition as when they were assigned.
- Please refrain from picking flowers and littering.
- If you are eating your meals at the ashram, please be punctual. Meals will only be served during the posted times. If you are ordering food from outside or preparing your own cereals etc, please use the canteen area at the Parking Lot, which can be used until 9 PM. The pantry by the pool is only for drinks, eating fruits and is always closed during meditation, chanting, yoga, etc.
- It is prohibited to use playing cards, radios, or TVs (unless you are using is privately such as with earphones).
- No pets are allowed.
- The following are strictly prohibited: smoking, drinking intoxicants, using drugs, illicit sexual activity, eating non-vegetarian foods, playing cards, watching television, playing radios/music players loudly.
- No one will have the rights and license of tenancy.
- Each pilgrim will have to vacate the accommodation on the stipulated day, even before the management asks him/her to do so. Latest check out time is 11 AM. The management has right to open and vacant the room at check-out time if the pilgrim fails to do so.
- If you would like to donate for any of the Ashram’s Service and Humanitarian Activities, please insist on a receipt for your donation. Specify the cause to which you want to donate (e.g. food for the poor, schools, gurukula/orphanages, medical camp, aarti, yajna, accommodation, yoga and meditation programs, environmental programs, rural development, etc.).
- Please do not oblige anyone by directly providing money, clothes or tips of any kind. This affects the discipline and management of the Ashram as well as negatively influences the divine, devoted feeling amongst the individuals here. Whatever help you want to give, please donate it to the office, and it will be distributed where it is most needed.
- Please use provided hanger for your clothes. Do not hang clothes on the railings/fences to keep the Ashram clean and tidy.
- Lock the door when you are not in the room. The ashram is not responsible for any loss of your personal belonging.
- Footwear/edibles/water-bottles are NOT allowed inside the Temple and Meditation Hall – as all of them are considered Sacred Grounds.
Especially for Foreigners
- Your stay in the ashram must be within the time limit of your Visa and passport validity.
- You should not indulge in any activity, which is not in line with your stay-permit/visa.